Reduced Bleeding in Children Having Tonsillectomy Mr Peter Robb and Dr Geoff Thorning have recently published their findings, using tranexamic acid to reduce bleeding in children having tonsillectomy.Tranexamic acid is widely used in surgery, in trauma...
Genetic Link to Glue Ear Investigated "Glue ear" (otitis media with effusion) is the most common cause of childhood hearing loss, affecting up to 80% of children at some time during childhood. While the condition is usually short-lived,...
ENT Clinics for Children at St Anthony’s and Guildford Nuffield Hospitals Mr. Robb holds weekly children's ENT clinics at St Anthony’s Hospital, Cheam and Guildford Nuffield Hospital. Children with conditions affecting the ear, nose and throat, including tonsillitis,...
Latest Health News from the BBC
- Pica: Pregnancy cravings that make women eat rockson 19/10/2019 at 11:24 pm
Brenda suffers from pica, an eating disorder which leads to cravings of non-food items.
- Miscarriages: Calls for better care for women in Waleson 18/10/2019 at 11:29 pm
Women who have experienced multiple losses say there is not enough support in Wales.
- Baby Niamh Williams' wait for Cardiff hospital bed 'horrific'on 18/10/2019 at 2:33 pm
Niamh Williams has been waiting for a specialised assessment since her birth on 1 October.
- Fat found in overweight people's lungson 18/10/2019 at 2:18 am
The findings could explain why being overweight or obese increases asthma risk, researchers say.
- Suspected mumps among south Wales university studentson 18/10/2019 at 12:38 am
Public Health Wales says it is investigating at least 28 possible cases of the virus.
- Genetic tests: Experts urge caution over home testingon 17/10/2019 at 12:48 am
People should not make health decisions based on genetic tests they do at home, experts warn.
- Microphone could diagnose 'noisy' arthritic kneeson 17/10/2019 at 12:42 am
The technology is the same as that used by engineers to listen for faults in bridges.
- Milton Keynes Council: Man 'struggled to feed himself after care cut'on 16/10/2019 at 11:10 pm
The local authority has apologised for the "mistake" which led to a man's care being reduced.
- Cardiac arrest in fitness class caught on cameraon 16/10/2019 at 6:46 pm
Mark Kingsland was sparring in a fitness class when he went into cardiac arrest.
- Tafida Raqeeb: Brain-damaged girl arrives in Italyon 16/10/2019 at 1:06 pm
Hospital bosses in the UK had tried to block attempts to move Tafida Raqeeb to the hospital in Genoa.