Reduced Bleeding in Children Having Tonsillectomy Mr Peter Robb and Dr Geoff Thorning have recently published their findings, using tranexamic acid to reduce bleeding in children having tonsillectomy.Tranexamic acid is widely used in surgery, in trauma...
Genetic Link to Glue Ear Investigated "Glue ear" (otitis media with effusion) is the most common cause of childhood hearing loss, affecting up to 80% of children at some time during childhood. While the condition is usually short-lived,...
ENT Clinics for Children at St Anthony’s and Guildford Nuffield Hospitals Mr. Robb holds weekly children's ENT clinics at St Anthony’s Hospital, Cheam and Guildford Nuffield Hospital. Children with conditions affecting the ear, nose and throat, including tonsillitis,...
Latest Health News from the BBC
- Coronavirus: Why can I shop but not visit my relatives?on 26/05/2020 at 6:04 pm
Prof John Newton on why the risk of transmission is higher in households than in shops.
- Coronavirus: Has the NHS got enough PPE?on 26/05/2020 at 4:23 pm
The government says it's working "around the clock" to provide protective equipment, but doctors say shortages put lives at risk.
- Coronavirus: UK authorises anti-viral drug remdesiviron 26/05/2020 at 4:15 pm
Remdesivir shortens recovery time by about four days, research suggests.
- Coronavirus deaths fall to six-week lowon 26/05/2020 at 3:36 pm
Early May bank holiday delays mean the true death figures are likely to have been even lower.
- Coronavirus: Can it affect eyesight?on 26/05/2020 at 11:46 am
The prime minister's chief adviser says his vision was affected by coronavirus.
- Coronavirus: Can we stay safe as lockdown eases?on 26/05/2020 at 7:21 am
As lockdowns ease, what are the risks of getting infected as people come into closer contact again?
- How to keep safe while shopping in a coronavirus pandemicon 26/05/2020 at 6:21 am
From one way systems to not touching everything on the shelves - shopping will look very different.
- Coronavirus: Sports events in March 'caused increased suffering and death'on 26/05/2020 at 4:31 am
A top scientist criticises the staging of the Cheltenham Festival and Liverpool's Champions League tie.
- Coronavirus: The search for antibody super donorson 25/05/2020 at 11:06 pm
The NHS is urging men, under 35s and those who have recently recovered from Covid-19 to donate plasma.
- Coronavirus: WHO halts trials of hydroxychloroquine over safety fearson 25/05/2020 at 8:05 pm
Testing of hydroxychloroquine as a possible coronavirus treatment is suspended by the health agency.