Reduced Bleeding in Children Having Tonsillectomy Mr Peter Robb and Dr Geoff Thorning have recently published their findings, using tranexamic acid to reduce bleeding in children having tonsillectomy.Tranexamic acid is widely used in surgery, in trauma...
Genetic Link to Glue Ear Investigated "Glue ear" (otitis media with effusion) is the most common cause of childhood hearing loss, affecting up to 80% of children at some time during childhood. While the condition is usually short-lived,...
ENT Clinics for Children at St Anthony’s and Guildford Nuffield Hospitals Mr. Robb holds weekly children's ENT clinics at St Anthony’s Hospital, Cheam and Guildford Nuffield Hospital. Children with conditions affecting the ear, nose and throat, including tonsillitis,...
Latest Health News from the BBC
- Coronavirus: Hong Kong to slash border travel as virus spreadson 28/01/2020 at 6:12 pm
It wants to drastically reduce visits from mainland China, where the death toll has reached 106.
- Anti-depressant spray not recommended on NHSon 28/01/2020 at 1:18 pm
A fast acting ketamine-like anti-depressant spray is rejected by health watchdog NICE.
- Concerns over new 'menopause delay' procedureon 28/01/2020 at 2:09 am
Its long-term safety and success remains untested - but some women have already paid at least £6,000.
- IBS trial to test amitriptyline as potential common treatmenton 28/01/2020 at 12:33 am
A trial of 500 patients from Bristol, Leeds and Southampton will test if amitriptyline can be widely used.
- Can anyone call themself a therapist or a counsellor?on 28/01/2020 at 12:02 am
A lack of regulation around private therapy and counselling can leave some qualifications meaningless.
- Woman died after being told smear test was 'normal'on 27/01/2020 at 6:37 pm
Julie O'Connor, 49, died from cervical cancer after being given the all-clear by doctors.
- Prostate overtakes breast as 'most common cancer'on 27/01/2020 at 2:37 pm
Experts say more men are getting tested, which explains the rise in diagnoses in England.
- Coronavirus: How worried should we be?on 27/01/2020 at 6:12 am
Hundreds of people people have been infected with a newly-discovered virus.
- Calls for 'virginity repair' surgery to be bannedon 27/01/2020 at 4:16 am
Women are being shamed into the procedure out of fear of being outcast or even killed.
- Coronavirus: Airlift for Britons trapped in China 'under review'on 26/01/2020 at 2:59 pm
The UK government says a total of 52 tests have proved negative for the new strain of coronavirus.