Reduced Bleeding in Children Having Tonsillectomy Mr Peter Robb and Dr Geoff Thorning have recently published their findings, using tranexamic acid to reduce bleeding in children having tonsillectomy.Tranexamic acid is widely used in surgery, in trauma...
Genetic Link to Glue Ear Investigated "Glue ear" (otitis media with effusion) is the most common cause of childhood hearing loss, affecting up to 80% of children at some time during childhood. While the condition is usually short-lived,...
ENT Clinics for Children at St Anthony’s and Guildford Nuffield Hospitals Mr. Robb holds weekly children's ENT clinics at St Anthony’s Hospital, Cheam and Guildford Nuffield Hospital. Children with conditions affecting the ear, nose and throat, including tonsillitis,...
Latest Health News from the BBC
- Coronavirus: Fear over rise in animal-to-human diseaseson 06/07/2020 at 7:48 pm
A report says a rise in animal-to-human diseases will continue without urgent action.
- Coronavirus UK map: How many confirmed cases are there in your area?on 06/07/2020 at 4:47 pm
Key graphics explaining how coronavirus has spread in the UK and the government's response.
- Coronavirus bubbles: How do they work and who is in yours?on 06/07/2020 at 4:46 pm
Some people in England, Northern Ireland and Scotland can form "support bubbles".
- Coronavirus: Who should be shielding?on 06/07/2020 at 4:34 pm
People at risk of becoming severely ill if they get coronavirus should take extra precautions.
- Kettering General Hospital: Police to probe waiting list figureson 06/07/2020 at 11:43 am
Whistleblowers claim Kettering General Hospital manipulated data to make its figures look better.
- What is bubonic plague?on 06/07/2020 at 10:25 am
Authorities in China have stepped up precautions after a reports of a suspected case.
- Coronavirus could cause 35,000 extra UK cancer deaths, experts warnon 06/07/2020 at 2:15 am
The research is based on the number of missed screenings, urgent referrals and delayed treatments.
- PM joins nationwide clap on NHS 72nd anniversaryon 05/07/2020 at 8:28 pm
The applause was inspired by the weekly Clap for Carers during the peak of the coronavirus lockdown.
- Coronavirus: NHS England launches tool to aid long-term recoveryon 05/07/2020 at 10:54 am
An online portal will launch in England later this month to help people with ongoing symptoms.
- NHS anniversary: Landmarks to be lit up in weekend of celebrationon 04/07/2020 at 2:45 am
Landmarks will be lit up blue ahead of a nationwide applause celebrating 72 years of the health service.