Reduced Bleeding in Children Having Tonsillectomy Mr Peter Robb and Dr Geoff Thorning have recently published their findings, using tranexamic acid to reduce bleeding in children having tonsillectomy.Tranexamic acid is widely used in surgery, in trauma...
Genetic Link to Glue Ear Investigated "Glue ear" (otitis media with effusion) is the most common cause of childhood hearing loss, affecting up to 80% of children at some time during childhood. While the condition is usually short-lived,...
ENT Clinics for Children at St Anthony’s and Guildford Nuffield Hospitals Mr. Robb holds weekly children's ENT clinics at St Anthony’s Hospital, Cheam and Guildford Nuffield Hospital. Children with conditions affecting the ear, nose and throat, including tonsillitis,...
Latest Health News from the BBC
- Covid: Boris Johnson warns of tougher measures if new rules are floutedon 23/09/2020 at 1:55 am
Boris Johnson says "we must reserve the right to go further" with measures if virus cases keep rising.
- Coronavirus: Whitty and Vallance faced 'herd immunity' backlash, emails showon 23/09/2020 at 1:10 am
Chris Whitty and Sir Patrick Vallance were alarmed by questions over the controversial concept, emails show.
- Blind downhill mountain biker aims to turn professionalon 22/09/2020 at 11:02 pm
Xavier Hopkins, who only has 10% of his sight, turned his passion for mountain biking into a career.
- Coronavirus: 'Government must publish contact-tracing app data'on 22/09/2020 at 11:02 pm
A health charity wants to know how well England and Wales' contact-tracing app fared in tests.
- Covid: Ban on meeting in houses extended across Scotlandon 22/09/2020 at 8:53 pm
Nicola Sturgeon says visiting other people's homes will no longer be allowed as part of efforts to slow the virus.
- Covid-19 in the UK: How many coronavirus cases are there in your area?on 22/09/2020 at 5:51 pm
Explore the data on coronavirus in the UK and find out how many cases there are in your area.
- Coronavirus: PM says Covid 'complacency could be our undoing'on 22/09/2020 at 12:18 pm
Boris Johnson says new restrictions are needed now to avoid "more drastic action" in the future.
- Covid restrictions: PM sets out new hospitality and face covering ruleson 22/09/2020 at 12:09 pm
Pubs must close earlier, higher fines for not wearing masks, and weddings will again be restricted.
- Coronavirus: What are the rules for face masks or face coverings?on 22/09/2020 at 12:07 pm
The Prime Minister has announced new rules for England to help combat rising coronavirus rates.
- Flu: Why we still need to worry about it this winteron 22/09/2020 at 10:55 am
Drive-through clinics and extra staff could boost England's biggest flu vaccination programme.