Reduced Bleeding in Children Having Tonsillectomy Mr Peter Robb and Dr Geoff Thorning have recently published their findings, using tranexamic acid to reduce bleeding in children having tonsillectomy.Tranexamic acid is widely used in surgery, in trauma...
Genetic Link to Glue Ear Investigated "Glue ear" (otitis media with effusion) is the most common cause of childhood hearing loss, affecting up to 80% of children at some time during childhood. While the condition is usually short-lived,...
ENT Clinics for Children at St Anthony’s and Guildford Nuffield Hospitals Mr. Robb holds weekly children's ENT clinics at St Anthony’s Hospital, Cheam and Guildford Nuffield Hospital. Children with conditions affecting the ear, nose and throat, including tonsillitis,...
Latest Health News from the BBC
- White Island volcano: Why New Zealand is importing skinon 11/12/2019 at 2:35 pm
The number of people with severe burns means doctors are sourcing donor skin from the US.
- 'Four hours to walk off pizza calories' warning works, experts sayon 11/12/2019 at 1:12 am
Consumers should be told it takes four hours to walk off the calories in a pizza, researchers say.
- Boy's rare eye cancer spotted in photographon 10/12/2019 at 5:36 pm
Noah Blanks, aged six, had an eye removed after being diagnosed with a rare form of cancer.
- GP Manish Shah guilty of sex assaults on 23 female patientson 10/12/2019 at 5:02 pm
Manish Shah cited Angelina Jolie and Jade Goody to instil fear in his patients about their health.
- General election 2019: Have 17,000 NHS beds been cut in England?on 10/12/2019 at 5:00 pm
Is Labour right to say that 17,000 NHS beds have been cut by the Conservatives in England?
- Health workers' strike: Nurses begin further 48 hours of actionon 10/12/2019 at 3:06 pm
Members of the Royal College of Nursing are refusing to do things like working unpaid hours.
- Obesity inequality gap grows for Scottish childrenon 10/12/2019 at 1:59 pm
Children in the poorest parts of the country face a bigger risk of being overweight or obese, new figures show.
- 'There were no beds on the children's ward'on 10/12/2019 at 11:08 am
Louise Webb says she waited six hours in hospital for her daughter Lily to be seen by a paediatrician.
- 11 charts on why the NHS matters in this electionon 10/12/2019 at 11:00 am
The NHS will be at the centre of the major parties election campaigns, but why is it so important?
- Online prescribing 'must get safer'on 10/12/2019 at 7:40 am
A UK coroner warns there could be more deaths unless regulation is tightened.