Reduced Bleeding in Children Having Tonsillectomy Mr Peter Robb and Dr Geoff Thorning have recently published their findings, using tranexamic acid to reduce bleeding in children having tonsillectomy.Tranexamic acid is widely used in surgery, in trauma...
Genetic Link to Glue Ear Investigated "Glue ear" (otitis media with effusion) is the most common cause of childhood hearing loss, affecting up to 80% of children at some time during childhood. While the condition is usually short-lived,...
ENT Clinics for Children at St Anthony’s and Guildford Nuffield Hospitals Mr. Robb holds weekly children's ENT clinics at St Anthony’s Hospital, Cheam and Guildford Nuffield Hospital. Children with conditions affecting the ear, nose and throat, including tonsillitis,...
Latest Health News from the BBC
- Coronavirus: Ethnic minorities 'over-exposed' to Covid-19on 05/08/2020 at 2:41 am
They "face greater barriers" when trying to protect themselves from coronavirus, a report says.
- NHS: MPs pilot system to measure delivery of key pledgeson 05/08/2020 at 2:27 am
Experts working for the Commons health committee will assess whether policy commitments are being met.
- Schools 'must come before pubs and restaurants in future'on 05/08/2020 at 2:14 am
England's children's commissioner says the fundamental right to an education should be prioritised ahead of pubs.
- Obesity not defined by weight, says new Canada guidelineon 04/08/2020 at 9:12 pm
A new Canadian clinical guideline aims to reduce stigma against overweight patients.
- Testing and tracing 'key to schools returning', scientists sayon 04/08/2020 at 6:12 pm
The UK's test and trace schemes are not yet good enough to stop a virus resurgence, scientists say.
- Coronavirus in the UK: How many confirmed cases are there in your area?on 04/08/2020 at 5:58 pm
Key graphics explaining how coronavirus has spread in the UK and the government's response.
- Coronavirus: How does test-and-trace work?on 04/08/2020 at 2:32 pm
People who have been in close contact with someone found to have Covid-19 are now being traced.
- Chronic pain: Antidepressants not painkillers recommendedon 04/08/2020 at 11:39 am
Guidelines recommends not using common painkillers for long-term pain
- Coronavirus: Is risk from Covid-19 higher during pregnancy?on 03/08/2020 at 6:50 pm
What are the chances of passing the virus to the baby in the womb, or of premature birth?
- Coronavirus: New 90-minute tests for Covid-19 and flu 'hugely beneficial'on 03/08/2020 at 3:52 pm
The rapid tests for hospitals and care homes will distinguish between Covid-19 and seasonal illness.